The Challenge to Lead programs are developed by the Rotary Club of Doncaster. The Rotary Club of Doncaster is part of the network of Rotary Clubs within Rotary International.
We are 1.2 million neighbours, friends and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world. Our differing occupations, cultures and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
What makes us different?
Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages:
- We see differently: Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
- We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
- We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
- We make a difference at home and around the world: Our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
How do we work?
Our people work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities’ toughest challenges. The Rotary Foundation, Rotary International, and our member association support their efforts, which turn generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Our members – responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organisation’s mission and values in their elected roles, lead rotary.
How did we get here?
We’ve been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since formation in 1905, we’ve taken on some of the world’s toughest challenges, like the eradication of polio. We’ve also helped a wide range of international service organisations get started, from the UN to Easter Seals.
The Rotary Club of Doncaster
Situated in the City of Manningham in Melbourne, Australia, our Club has provided a valuable service to the local community since 1972. During this time we have made significant contributions to local, domestic and international communities in times of immediate need and as part of on-going, sustainable assistance programs; a list of which appears below. Our ability to contribute relies very much on the efforts of Club members and their endeavors to raise funds through a variety of undertakings. In 2014 and going forward into the foreseeable future, our major fund raising focus will be the Challenge to Lead programs. Through delivery of best-in-class materials and incorporating highly validated assessments, the programs make the extraordinary happen by liberating the leader within individuals and organisations. Contact us to find out more about our Club’s commitments and to join us.
- Early Childhood Development Resource Packs
- Family Abuse Prevention App
- Twilight Disco
- Community Bus
- Tree Raising and Planting
- Prader Willie Time Out Camp
- Business Excellence Awards
- Connecting Manningham
- Mental Health First Aid
- Model United Nations Australia (MUNA)
- National Youth Science Forum (NYSF)
- Camp Awakenings
- Summer Science School
- Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA)
- 4 Way Test Speech Contest
- Rotary Youth Program of Enrichment (RYPEN)
- East Timor Roofing Company
- Water for the Hungry Months – East Timor
- First Wave
- India Community Learning Centers
- Bulawayo AIDs Orphans Education Project
- Lighting for Literacy
- Challenge To Lead
- Journey Into the Human Brain
- Business Excellence Awards (City of Manningham)